Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Randy- first draft of original song

Hey.

I wrote this song basically as a dare.

See, my good friend Ryan McCurdy had himself a  pretty dysfunctional relationship during the rehearsal for RICHARD III.  It was eating at him, but he pushed through it, and we made some wonderful theatre.

So, here it is. Also, thanks to Winnie Lok for the inspiration behind the song.


lyrics

first verse
i met randy
at a burger shop
ordered medium rare
with a pickle on top
hes the strong and silent type
let the conversation drop
but i knew hed find a way to get
attention

prechorus
and now were side by side together
but are we symbiotic
are you are a parasite
you leave me feverish and weakened
i want to help you
but youre not helping me at all

chorus
randy
youre killing me
your love is blind
randy
your ministrations are unkind
and i dont know how
to change your mind

second verse
tell me
randy
why this cold betrayal
i have nothing
its a sorry tale
just thinking about you
leaves me dizzy and pale
i cant sleep or eat
sure is hard to pay
attention

prechorus
chorus

bridge
ive got a friend named winnie lok
heart like a furnance
mind sharp like a ticking clock
and a wit as sweet
as licorice candy
she named
she named
she named my tapeworm
randy

prechorus
chorus

1 comment:

  1. My name is Ryan McCurdy and I approved this song.

    ReplyDelete