Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Think About It - first draft of new song

Hey.

So, I'm hard at work on Ghost On a Stick.

Check us out on Facebook:

facebook/ghostonastick

Twitter:

@GhostOnStick

and of course, our super amazing website (thanks to Fanboy Design)

www.ghostonastick.net

And, like always, whenever I'm super stressed, new songs tend to pop in my head and demand attention.

Tried to put this one off, but it wouldn't shut up.  So, I set some time aside, let it tell me how it wanted to sound, and whipped up a first draft.

Take a listen!

Lyrics

first verse
she said she'll think about it
you've made your feelings known
and now you think about it
cards on the table

sure
you're scared
shudder with senescence
you're
so tense
but it's rarely presence
now it's months to wait
let time abate it all

pre-chorus
she's got a poker soul
you've got game
like candyland
but then she smiles wide
you see a glimmer
and you understand

chorus
good things might come to those who wait
just be simple
keep your head on straight
step lightly
with an even gait
while manhattan spins
i'll be gracious, gentle grins

second verse
she said she'll think about it
and that is fine by me
i sit here think about it
damn
the norm
let's defy convention
I'm
not nice
I'm just paying attention
she's not a rebound girl
and work, it overwhelms

pre-chorus and chorus

bridge
i know  - don't expect a thing
but won't deny what comes
no motives made
just want some moments
by your side
we'll never stop being busy
don't want to hide, being busy
just try me
i'll try you
tell me you'll think about it

third verse prechorus and chorus
(same as first)



No comments:

Post a Comment