Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

TFLN POEM - Romance, Risk

Hey.

Here's this week's www.textsfromlastnight.com poem.
Thinking a lot about creative risk in general this week, and realizing why I don't extend it to dating. And I should. I really should. Soon.

Here we go!



(616):


I’m just waiting.
Maybe Scott will pull me into a quiet room,
Fidget with his glasses, give one of his shy, rare smiles,
And just fucking say it.
What’s he scared of?  Being happy?
Seems like it.
He gives out these half measures and hints and clues
And dances his way around the subject
Like he’s defusing a bomb.  Romance isn’t about
Removing collateral damage; stemming risk.
We’re gonna be altered, permanently. That’s
What makes it so intoxicating. Change.
We surrender to an altar of shared experience.
It’s violent. It’s a tempered beauty.
I want that.
I know he wants that too.
And, I’m just so – I’m so goddamn horny.
Way he talks, like a low rumble of dry leaves.
Way he strums guitar and weaves these sad, haunting stories
Way he holds his heart way a baby holds a spoon,
Hesistant, and then proudly and then continuing against all reason,
Getting it dirty but smiling, as if he were the
Warden of a secret.
I want to jump him, knock the fear out of his bones,
And say, here,
Here is where touch
and tremble
and trust are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment