Pages

Thursday, December 4, 2014

TFLN poem - Charity, Courtship

Hey.

Here's this week's www.textsfromlastnight.com poem.




There’s no epigram
On my goddamn mons pubis.

Emma Lazarus didn’t scribble out some
American Exceptionalism between
My thick and curlies.

Ergo,
I don’t want the tired,
The wretched
The homeless, the tempest-tost .

Yearn to be free away from me.

My clit wasn’t supposed to end up
Like a dented can of apple pie filling
In a food drive.   Lacquered in dust. Pawed at with
Itchy boredom by the disenfranchised.  No tools or time
To make a decent, thoughtful meal. 

But, what’s left?

Where’s my wild-eyed man who needs no saving,
No rehabilitation.  Someone who smiles
In the dark, when there’s no one left to please.
A man with a landscape of scars, thin white constellations
Of open, examined suffering.    Not hidden.  Not raw. 
Ornaments of kindness.     Where is that earnest, unblinking love…

No comments:

Post a Comment