Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

Gift #6 - Scarf and Mittens

Hey.

I've always been fiercely jealous of people who can make arts and crafts.

Never been able to pull it off, myself.

Today's gifts come from my good friend Jennifer Moraca. She's a fabulous actor/singer who makes some delightful work with yarn as well.

You must read her work .  She's a bright, passionate sort on all things creative, political, and personal.

Over the holidays, I got to see her briefly and swap gifts.

She made me these exquisite mittens with snaps so you can open them if needed. And in my favorite color, too.



For comparison, on the right is the one of the first knitting projects she ever made, and her first scarf.

I love that scarf.  Once, I made someone drive over an hour back to a restaurant just so I could recover it (having lost it in a diner after a funeral)  The first creative stirrings we make can can often embarrass us, or
dishearten us as we try to improve and grow in our artistic lives. But they're so vital.  They're touchstones to raw, vibrant expression. Without this fire, art's technical and passionless.



No comments:

Post a Comment